Purple Tarantulas?
Peanut Toffee?
...
Physical Therapy! YAY!
Although I FULLY believe in miracles, we can't just sit around and wait for Jack's right side to strengthen by itself. So, we've been spending a lot of time paying co-pays...err, in physical therapy! As much as we don't enjoy the label of 'cerebral palsy' it sure pays off as far as services go. Twice a week I take Jack to a local pediatric physical therapist who works on his overall movement, strengthening his joints, and encouraging equal use of left and right sides. It's not easy. It often requires braces and sometimes painful stretches but so far I've seen improvement! I've been very encouraged to hear from each of the super sweet PTs that Jack's language skills are very advanced (I knew it!) and it'll really help his PT progress because he can verbalize his feelings and needs well. Insert proud Mommy moment!
We've also been able to take advantage of a free (state funded) at-home service for special needs kids. Each Monday afternoon a great gal from CHS comes to our home and works with Jack on a more 'occupational therapy' level. She uses special games and toys to specifically help Jack's right hand use and dexterity.
I've never been more thankful to be a stay-at-home-mom! The one hour three day a week PT appoints are the easy part - it's my & Derek's job to make sure the rest of the week's 165 hours at home are spent using the things we learned from PT and putting them into practice. That's when we'll see major improvement.
Thank you dear friends and family for the prayers and notes of encouragement. I appreciate it SO MUCH!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, this kid kills me!!! I can't get enough of that cute face! Which PT office does he go to? We went to Rancho Physical Therapy off of Single Oak. Kai really enjoyed the time he spent there!
~Kellee
That kid rocks his PT! They love him
Post a Comment