10/29/10

Circle

Now I generally don't like being 'one of those people' who brags about their children all the time. 'Well my kid does this!', and 'Oh ya? well my kid does that better!' And, I'm sure most parents aren't even doing it to be boastful, but because they are genuinely proud of their kiddos.

But, I seriously had one of those moments today where I'm wondering if my kid isn't a genius. Like for instance he understands the difference between a circle and an oval...and can tell me which is which! A few days ago I discovered he can identify all the primary colors and most of the secondary colors without prompting. Is that normal for (almost) 20 months?

And, as always, a picture.

DSC_1010

6 comments:

Lori said...

Genius. No, I'm not even kidding. Seriously not kidding. Matthew can barely say 10 words. He certainly cannot identify colors and there is no way this side of the afterlife that he could correctly identify a circle and an oval. That's amazing.

But, um, my kid can throw a ball kinda far. And swing a bat properly. So, at least he has sports if kindergarten doesn't really pan out.

Unknown said...

Ahh. I love that kid.

Penny Arnold said...

At 20 mos. Keira was bearly putting 4 words together ("I see the moon!"), was just learning her colors and only knew a circle and square. And she was ahead of a lot of other children her age! So, in my opinion, yes, Jack is a genious! And he takes really good pictures too! So when he becomes a brain surgeon and gets the pay checks too, he will be the whole package! Love ya!

Tara said...

No that is amazing!!!! Have fun with it:) Maybe he'll graduated from college when he's 13! ha ha

Kirstin Boeken said...

Lindsay, he is a fantastically intelligent amazingly adorable kid!!! Maddox can't do any of that at all (but I love him like crazy anyway). Way to go mom for teaching him all of this! He is having such an adventure growing up with you and Derek! You two are awesome parents and obviously you are sharing the world with little Jack Jack. He is too cute!

Elizabeth Lemon said...

What I would say is his MOM is a genius. :) The only possibly way Jack could know the difference is if he had been very lovingly taught that difference by you!