10/11/10

Run Fried Run

So, way back in the beginning of the year I decided to try something crazy.

Running.

With encouragement from a good friend, the Couch to 5K iPhone app, and a snazzy new pair of orange Nikes... I set off... very slowly.
It was hard.
Everything hurt.
But, I kept moving.
My goal was to run a 5K and, on May 31st, I did! That would seem a likely end to my attempt at 'running', but it wasn't. This aforementioned good friend offered additional encouragement in the form of signing up for a 1/2 marathon. She joyfully exclaimed, 'Come on Lindsay we can do it together!" with my response being, "Um, no, that's crazy talk." However, somehow in the midst of post 5K excitement I forked over $90 and signed up for the Long Beach Half Marathon. Hey, if I can run 3 miles, 13 can't be bad, right?!

Since then, I've logged dozens and dozens of miles of training on RunKeeper, guzzled numerous bottles of Osteo BiFlex, and sweated through 90+ degree heat... and, well, the race is on Sunday! Yikes! Well, forget the word 'race', I just want to finish! I'm actually totally scared excited. I've been blessed with the best running buddy ever and even if we have to crawl across the finish line, we'll get there. And, somehow along the line I talked my brother-in-law into racing with us as well! He'll be quite a lot faster than us, but it'll be so fun pigging out on hamburgers together after the race. (A huge carbo lunch after finishing the race is what is keeping me motivated!)

IMG_3538

No comments: