2/22/11

A New Leaf

I came across this poem recently in a podcast that I listen to often.  It is too beautiful and meaningful not to share.

A New Leaf 
by Kathleen Wheeler

He came to my desk with a quivering lip, the lesson was done. 
“Have you a new sheet for me, dear teacher? I’ve spoiled this one.” 
I took his sheet, all soiled and blotted, And gave him a new one all unspotted. 
And into his tired heart I cried, “Do better now, my child.”

I went to the throne with a trembling heart, the day was done. 
“Have you a new day for me, dear Master? I’ve spoiled this one.” 
He took my day, all soiled and blotted, and gave me a new one all unspotted. 
And into my tired heart he cried, “Do better now, my child.”


What is so beautiful about the Christian faith is that we serve a God (the God of the Bible) who is able and willing to forgive us and give us a new life; a clean page.


"...anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!"
2 Corinthians 5:17


Knowing Christ isn't bondage, but true freedom...

1 comment:

Lori said...

Amen.