I'm betting on the offspring part because my hockey days were in high school when I played a very degraded version of the game that we called "Roller Hockey". Can you imagine asphalt, eight wheels, and a rubber ball? Simply blasphemous. Don't get me wrong about rollerblading, it is my favorite activity in the whole world. Roller hockey, however, wasn't what Lord Stanley had in mind.
Anyhow, we are putting our resources into our two year old. You gotta start somewhere, eh?
Here is our first attempt at teaching the kid to skate.
It started out like a slip n slide but by the end of the first hour on the ice, Jack could balance himself enough to stand unassisted and even skate a stride or two. Progress! Plus he enjoyed it so much that he cried when we had to leave. Always a good sign!
2 comments:
Awwww so cute!!!!
Oh this is absolutely the cutest thing ever! Of course you mama are a fantastic skater. I would have fallen on my child. I have only been on the ice once in my life and that was 6th grade so Jack is ALREADY better than me!!!!
Post a Comment