6/14/11

Remember way back in February...

...when I posted this?  I hardly remember either so don't think I'll be issuing a quiz or anything.  And if I did the answer to all questions would be D) We don't really know.

To refresh the memories of my 3.5 readers (my readership has grown!) the three of us had vials and vials of blood drawn in January to determine if we have any genetic predispositions to blood clots.  It's now June and the answer is D (see above).

The reason we don't really know much is that the day before our scheduled appointment in May, the geneticist called and said she wanted to get a second opinion on Jack's MRI scans from a colleague up at Children's in Seattle.  How could we refuse that?  So, here we are... waiting.  Before hanging up the phone with the geneticist, however, I made sure to ask if there are any major red flags in the blood work, and she said no.  YAY!  There were some abnormalities but nothing one would attribute to a crimson piece of cloth waving in the wind.  So "don't really know" means we know that we don't have any crazy blood problems... but, we still don't have definitive answers.   But, that's ok.  It's possible we'll get an appointment by the end of the summer.

In other news, we are taking Jack ice skating today!  Are we crazy? YES!  Can't wait to get that boy on the ice and then in a few years.... HOCKEY!

2 comments:

Kirstin Boeken said...

As a little less than 33% o f your readership, I figured I would say... Yippee for no waving flags!!! Oh you are all so special to me. Can't wait to see you this summer!

stefanie said...

So glad to hear that lindsay! Hope the 2nd opinion bring more good news :)