5/30/12

I Suppose...

I suppose a bit has happened since January when I last typed here.  I'm certain it's not news by now but... We're Pregnant!  And we're thrilled!  It's been quite a journey the last three years and we are overjoyed by the blessing of a new life.  And quite a life this little one has already!  We saw him/her doing flips and waving at us today at our 12 week prenatal ultrasound.  The bebe takes after Daddy already and can't sit still.

Because of our family's history (you know about it if you've been here before) I'm considered 'high risk'... but that doesn't mean too much other than more appointments and more ultrasounds.  We found a great OB in North County that specializes in high risk pregnancies so I'm happy to be in knowledgeable hands.

As you can imagine, Jack is quite excited.  And full of questions.  They usually consist of "Is the baby growing right now?" and "How does the baby come out?" and "The baby can wear my old Vans and I'll wear my new Vans".  Pretty routine stuff.  He calls the baby George, but also refers to it as his 'sister'.  So we'll see.

We found out the good news on April 5th, had first ultrasound at week 6, had second ultrasound at week 8, and another ultrasound today.  Everything looks great so far, but it's still early.  Morning All-Day sickness has been incredibly rough this time around but it's a constant reminder that good things are happening inside!  I'm so thankful to God for that.

Here are a few pics from recent days.

Jack is excited to be a BIG BROTHER!


Week 8

Week 12


Thank you all for praying, caring, reading, and overall just being so thoughtful.

1 comment:

Kirstin Boeken said...

Love you so much miss Lindsay!