Jack's at Gramma & Papa's house tonight and D is at work. This mean I gots me some time on me hands (and apparently a new found cockney accent). My evening began with a few menial errands and commenced with a trip to Hobby Lobby. Oh wow. "Lobby" is a little misleading. Let's try Hobby Manor. Have you ever been there? There are no words to describe this place. There are words actually. Not only is it the hugest store of crafty-ish things I've ever been in, it makes you want to create soap from scratch. I also had a desire to roll my own beeswax candles, scrapbook my entire life, and sew a kitten's face on a pillow. And that was just in the first 30 seconds. After I talked myself out of mosaic-ing a coffee table top with mirrored tiles I decided I should get what I can for and scram. But first I had to stop visualizing myself painting a 1/4 scale model of the Sistine Chapel ceiling in neon puffy paint. Time to go home where many more exciting tasks awaited me.
I organized my earrings. Then I pinned a few lovely Mid Century Modern architectural dreams on Pinterest. Next on the list: consolidate the cleaning supplies. Party I tell ya. All that with a little Florence and the Machine mix on Pandora. It's a good evening...
-
If you've made it this far into my nonsense you're probably a friend of mine so I might as well update you on more important family matters. Yesterday we saw our final specialist - a UCSD perinatologist - in a string of about six specialists we've seen in the last six months. The Cliff's Notes conclusion is that's there is really nothing we can do to prevent another fetal stroke in a subsequent pregnancy. They believe likelihood of it happening again is low enough to not hinder the chance of us expanding our family. We were very happy to hear this news! We know it's all in God's hands. His faithful, perfect hands. Thank you for all you're prayers and concerns for us throughout this past year. We are abundantly blessed.
5 comments:
So glad to hear that you didn't have negative news with the doc...
Um isn't Hobby Lobby amazing?!?!?! The only problem is that they only take 1 coupon per transaction and they have to be a "hobby lobby" coupon... This is hard for me to swallow since Joanns is so amazing and takes all coupons... =)
Good luck mozaic-ing your tabletop ;)
I believe I could quickly and easily have a Hobby Lobby addiction... I break into a full, excited, anticipatory sweat just driving by the place (and, of course, it's on the way to church) let alone stepping in the door. Since crossing the threshold of that Hobby Heaven I have felt the urge to frame every picture I can get my hands on, make a mini-model of the house I hope to have one day, build my future daughter a doll house, and master the art of staining glass... None of this being useful in the here and now... And possibly not being useful ever!
I'm so happy the doctors' visits are moving along and that more babies can and are safely in the future! What a wonderful thing to hear!
I'm late to the party, but that's great news! Hope there's another bun in the oven soon. :)
Very happy for you. I know that risks are scary, but you are so right that we are in God's hands. And He definitely cares about the details of your life.
You gotta do that puffy painting of the Sistine Chapel - you crack me up!! Hobby lobby is crazy!! But if you want to make some soap, their base isn't all that fabulous, just fyi. Try www.tkbtrading.com for some awesome soap base :)
Looking forward to the expanding family! I will be always praying for you and your family! Miss you all!
Post a Comment