5/1/09

Shots

So, apparently I'm a heartless mother? I didn't cry at all. It all happened so quickly too, so there wasn't time to get too emotional about it. Anyway, I'm certain that the pain inflicted by the needles was minor compared to catching the diseases those shots prevent. Jack played pretty tough in front of the doctor. Maybe he was emulating his stoic mother. A short yelp was about it and he was fine. By the time we got home he seemed to have forgotten about the pain completely....or, so I thought! It's 10pm now and it's finally quiet after about 10 hours of screaming. Although, I gave him the appropriate amounts of Tylenol, cuddled him constantly, and nursed him frequently, nothing I did today seemed to console him. And, now, after a whole day of tears, he's completely worn out and asleep. Hopefully he'll wake up tomorrow morning without any recollection of the previous day. I'd like to do the same.

Here are his 2 month stats:
11 lbs 7.5 oz
24" long
15.5" head circumference

No comments: