6/20/09

Lists

I like lists. I like to read lists. I like to write lists. Numbered lists or bulleted lists. I like lists. I'm even tempted to do this:

- Lists
- Are
- Lovely

Sometimes my to do lists start like this:
1. Write a grocery list

I think it's the simplicity and readability that makes them so great. Plus, it's so satisfying to check items off as complete.

Anyhow, here is my list of today's activities:
I...
- wrote a grocery list for Target items
- went to Target on a Saturday (normally a B-A-D idea, except we went early)
- discovered Matrix shampoo sold in Target has a label on the backside that states "only to be sold in professional salons"
- cooked a very large pot of chicken noodle soup with my made-from-scratch stock (making soup is SO much cheaper than buying it, plus much healthier than Progresso)
- witnessed two bullfrogs playing leap frog (I'm serious)
- read to Jack part of a very fascinating book called How in the World? (We learned how air traffic controllers do their job and how ventriloquists perform their 'magic')
- stopped to think about how absolutely amazing and scary it is to be a parent
- chatted with my sister who is traveling in Eastern Europe (iPhones & WiFi are amaZing!)
- cuddled with my cute little man. I LOVE this stage of his life
- consoled the cat after being attacked by a neighborhood beast (one life down, eight more to go)

I'd say it was a pretty good day.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Lemon said...

* I like your list

* I made an entry including a list on my blog today too.

* I wrote a list today

* I think it's awesome you saw the bullfrogs

* I love reading other mothers loving to be mothers.

* And YES, it's totally scary but cool to be a mom. wow.