Every year growing up us kids always looked forward to dad's Easter scavenger hunts. They went on for many years and only stopped briefly between 2008 and 2010. Yes, that means "us kids" were all over 20. (Some of us way over.)
The best part of the hunt was what the final clue lead to. It was usually something awesome. There were always candy baskets, but one year there was a goat*.
*Important side note about the goat.
I named him "Guess".
As in, "Hey, what's your goat's name?"
"Guess."
"Um, Billy?"
"No, Guess."
"Um, Fluffy?"
"No, Guess."
I know, I know...
Anyhow, it's 2011 and Jack is plenty old enough to start the tradition. And this is how it went down.
First Clue:
Husqvarna!
Opi's tractor! Opi's tractor!
Another clue and an egg!
Next clue:
Well yes technically... but with strange orange globes on it... Not sure what that could be.
Oh the navel orange!
Clue #3:
Oh! I know what that is!
Clue #4:
hello mr. bullfrog
Next clue:
Oh, look it's a blueberry carrot hybrid.
Last Clue!
What's behind this door??
CHICKS!!
I want to hold one!
NO! Nevermind!!
Ok, I'll look from a distance
So, yes. The awesome prize at the end was 12 sweet fuzzy chicks! My mom has been raising laying hens since I was knee high to a chicken and just couldn't wait to share the fun with Jack. The fuzzy ladies will stay at my parent's ranch and Jack will help care for them on the weekends. What a blast! I look forward to many omelets!
5 comments:
That is so so sweet. Love it!
That is a super Easter hunt! Thanks for sharing it w/photos! Love it!
AHHH THATS SOOO MUCH FUN! I bet he LOVED it?! Your Dad is such an artist! :) It was fun for me to look at the pics, I cant imagine how fun it is to be partaking in it. LOOOOVE the fuzzy chicks at the end. Nothing like fresh eggies!
OH my goodness, i had to look again....i little Jacks reaction to the chicks. :) "OH NEVERMIND!" (as he is glued to the wall). Laughing so hard, thanks, adorable, i needed that!
you are such an amazing mom Linds, Jack is going to have the most fabulous childhood memories ever!!!
Post a Comment