We arrived home last night from a great, albeit short, family vacation in Lake Tahoe. We venture up to Tahoe yearly and this March certainly had the most snow we've ever seen there. Traveling in the almost blizzard like weather was very icy, snowy, and treacherous and that was just getting out of the driveway. And although we have a great SUV we promised ourselves that for next year, we definitely need 4x4.
Although I do snowboard, I skipped the ski lifts this year and we busied ourselves with other lovely Tahoe activities which included endless cups of coffee, starting and finishing a 470 page novel, swimming in the outside (yes, heated) pool, sitting in the sauna, making snow angels, sledding, and eating. There was lots of the last activity.
I was really glad my sister got to come along with us to make our always interesting road trip discussions even more outrageous. Due to the variety of questionable subjects we discussed, I remember saying, "Let me google that" many times. We learned things like the governor's mansion in Sac hasn't been occupied since Reagan and how Flogging Molly chose their name. We also learned that Russia is home to the deepest lake in the world and that foreigners always put on their snow chains far too soon.
2 comments:
hahaha i love your posts:) I coudl just hear those conversations!
Sounds like an awesome time!!!
Post a Comment