3/30/11

A Poop Story

I warned you already in the title.  It's not even really gross, but if you aren't a parent then poop is gross.  If you are a parent then you know poop comes up in conversation in the same breath as missing socks, how's the weather, and triple shot lattes.  Normal stuff.

Well, Jack has been in the process of potty training for the last two weeks.  We're at least getting the number twos regularly in the potty, but the pee is less consistent.  On day one after sitting comfortably on his new potty seat for a few minutes, he went poop.
 
"Yay!" Mommy exclaimed!

"Yay! five marshmallows!" exclaimed Jack.

And, after doing the usual post pooping thing, I pointed into the potty at the deposit and showed Jack that he did a great job getting his poo poo in the big boy potty.  He proceeded to flush the toilet.  But with a confused look on his face he said,

"Mama, hot dog in it."  And right about when I began to say, "Huh?" I got it.
 
You never think there is going to come a point in your life when you have to explain that what ends up in the toilet might look like a hot dog, but is not any sort of chicago style lunch sausage.

2 comments:

Kirstin Boeken said...

WOW!!! Go Jack and Lindsay! I have the feeling Maddox is going to be a year behind on this one. Not even interested AT ALL!!!!! Thanks for the heads up :)

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

So awesome!!!!
I haven't even started with Kai... He's totally not interested at all!!! Oye!!! Good job Jack!